Disabled people to protest across the UK – what’s happening near you?

Disabled people, their families and friends will be taking to the streets in cities across the UK protesting against Government cuts to disability benefits and services. Protests are planned in cities including Edinburgh, Cardiff, Leeds, Nottingham, Brighton, Manchester, Newcastle and Bristol with more locations expected to follow.

Events will be listed alphabetically by region or country with more added as details are confirmed.

East Midlands

North East

North West

Scotland

South West

Wales

West Midlands

Yorkshire and Humberside

The Hardest Hit

Comments
  • smokinghorse September 12, 2011 at 8:02 pm

When this started only a few place had demos, but slowly more people joined and more places held demos. The fight has not yet been won yet but people are starting to hear us and see us

• Celia September 12, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Nothing in East Anglia then…

• Holmey September 12, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I’m struggling to find a coach or lift from East Anglia to go protest at the LibDem conference next Saturday Celia 🙁

• Gail Ward on Facebook September 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm

fab stuff thanks for that

• Lynn Harrison on Facebook September 12, 2011 at 11:38 pm

thanks for the info John, I wish we had a Black Triangle group here in the north west as I’m not keen on Hardest Hit due to the involvement of charities who are also members of Disability Works which is working with the condems in supplying workfare, and, sorry, but DPAC doesn’t appeal due to apparent hierarchies and other stuff

• june heaney September 4, 2012 at 2:42 pm

hi i am very interested in starting a group in northern ireland could you give me any ideas about how i go about starting one. i live in bangor co.down n.ireland

• Lisa Bloor October 6, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I will be at the Blackburn event, its being held in the style of question time, so I will be asking all the members of the cause I founded what I should ask 🙂