HomeBlog#JFMOS ANGUS ROBERTSON SNP RAISES DEATH OF MICHAEL O’SULLIVAN AT PMQs: “WHY HAVE MINISTERS TAKEN NO ACTION?” – DAUGHTER SPEAKS OUT
Comments
  • lankou October 21, 2015 at 3:50 pm

I can’t take a screen shot but Iain Duncan Smith looks most unhappy as that question is being put:-

IDS at PMQs is at 12.15pm and 31 seconds here:-
    House of Commons
    Wednesday 21 October 2015 Meeting started at 11.30am

• campertess October 21, 2015 at 8:22 pm

My sister committed suicide on July 2013 after being found fit for work. she said that at the face to face that whatever she said was twisted round & used against her. When she was told that she was fit to work she was also made aware that she couldn’t appeal as she had zero points. We had no idea at the time that she could have appealed & sadly it’s now too late. Even 2 1/2 years down the line has not dulled the heartache that we feel especially knowing what we know now.

• JJ October 22, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Heartfelt and sincere condolences. If you want to go public contact John Pring at Disability News Service john@disabilitynewsservice.com – The more evidence the better for bringing an end to this brutal, shameful assessment regime. Take care X

• Saffron14 October 24, 2015 at 11:52 am

Dear Campertess.
      My sincere condolences also. I recently experienced the horror of an ATOS assessment. As you said, every statement is twisted around and manipulated. The assessment is conducted by individuals without the professional knowledge to underpin their judgements. I am an ex Psychiatric Nurse and was horrified that ‘healthcare professionals’ are prepared to act so far out of their codes of Professional Conduct.

I was shocked to observe the method and environment in which the interview is conducted. Already anxious and terrified people are forced to endure ‘interrogation methods’ . It is in short, abuse of disabled and sick people. It must be stopped before more people lose their lives.

I have been seriously traumatised by the process. I keep having flashbacks , nightmares and waking in the early hours of the morning with terrifying suicidal thoughts. I have support , but it doesn’t take away from the injustice and sheer abuse inflicted by ATOS

Again, my deepest condolences.

• ProHumanity2015 October 22, 2015 at 1:26 pm

I Notice that Petition Online for Resignation of Ian Duncan Smith as Secretary of
    State For Work and Pensions Now has over 112,580 Signatures