HomeAtosBOYCOTT! Black Triangle Comments on ‘International Paralympics Day’ Thursday 8th September 2011
Comments
  • Action_T4 September 8, 2011 at 11:32 pm

“But who’s going to write in and say, ‘It was wonderful. I enjoyed going through the whole process’?”

I though that was exactly what Atos claimed was the case as they inform us that regular surveys show more than 90% of customers are satisfied with the service they receive.

Oh but they have to say that as itsis a requirement of the contract isn’t it? The contract we are not allowed to see, the contract that also requires financial penalties to be imposed on Atos for their failings, which are simply ignored. The contract that we are not allowed to examine, like the – computer says no – software we are also not allowed to examine.

• Mozza September 10, 2011 at 2:54 am

Go to: http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatosveterans.html and you can see the contract.

• Wendy kennnett September 10, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I made a comment on fb about seeing the image of Teflon Dave & Boris playing wheelchair-tennis; what’s wrong with this picture?!To be fair I’m not as bothered by Boris it wouldve been worse if it was Clegg or Duncan-Smith !
    Then I said to my Carer was bothers me is to Them & to many people now Paralympians are Good Disabled People! WE, on the other hand are BAD Disabled People because we can’t work!
    For a while now I have been Dismayed by how many prominent current & former Paralympians haven’t spoken out about what is happening to many Disabled People who because of their conditions cannot achieve the fitness these people have . This is not through sloth it is not from a lack of trying.
    The world has a hierarcheal system & so it seems has Disability!
    I am immensely proud of our Paralympians but since these events I haven’t seen or heard any press interviews where they have spoken out.
    although I could have missed them, admittedly!
    Then I read about ATOS being sponsors & my blood boiled!
    Has this EVEN been in the Papers? The Tennis was Hypocrasy but this! All those Paralympians should be out there with the rest of us! They could be us & ALL the Medals in the world wouldn’t help them then-unless….they melt it down!

• Bonica September 13, 2011 at 5:26 pm

John McArdle. I can’t express my own rage better than your good self & Bob Williams- Findlay have already done. Suffice to say I stand with you all in boycotting the Paralympics.

• George Berger October 17, 2011 at 10:46 am

John McArdle. (not sure my first post was sent). ATOS is more than it seems. I’m a Dutch Citizen and have learned the following. 1. ATOS acquired the UK and Dutch (NL) divisions of KPMG, a consultancy firm. 2. KPMG NL began the privatisation of Dutch care sometime before 2006, by replacing the staff of a civil servants’ refund provision. 3. On 1 Jan 2006 the entire Dutch system was turned into one run by private insurers+government (although private insurance had long been required for many). The quality of care and coverage have decreased. I can describe several ways. 4. In 2007 the incapacity law and system (already subjected to inhumane changes since 91) was abolished and replaced by a new one (I know nothing about it). 5. Some of the staff of KPMG NL and UK are now employed by the expanded firm. 6. The acquisition of KPMG UK and NL by ATOS is described here: http://atos.net/NR/rdonlyres/A671A770-3F95-4EF5-B09C-1DAE3543ED17/0/KPMGAcquisition_Jun052002_en.pdf . I hope this will help your organisation.

• George Berger October 17, 2011 at 2:01 pm

PS. Re my point 2 above. A few years after the replacement, the value of the refund was reduced year by year. Then the entire provision was abolished.

• John October 17, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Thank you very much for the information George! We will study it carefully and publicise it. Solidarity with our Dutch brothers and sisters in the movement! All the best to you and yours, John

Trackbacks