IN RESPONSE to the article in The Sentinel, May 15 about benefits changes
I had an accident at work over two years ago, which has left me with a crushed bone in my lower back.
I suffer with a great deal of pain, and have difficulty in walking and every day tasks.
I recently won an appeal as the Employment and Support Allowance body (ESA) said I was fit for work, although I am still awaiting an operation.
Then,two weeks before the end of April I was told that, due to changes, I was not entitled to ESA, as I had already been on it for 365 days and this was the maximum.
I also have a partner who works more than 24 hours a week, so we are not entitled to any benefits.
To me this is wrong. We pay our tax all our working days, and when we need help it’s taken away, and we are told to go to work or starve.
I didn’t ask to have an accident, and it’s not my doing, that I have been waiting so long for the operation.
I feel sorry for Mr Howle and all I can say is well done to the Government, on achieving to make the disabled even worse off.
D WESTON Cheadle