HomeBlogPublic Accounts Committee Report on the DWP AtoS Contract management of medical services
Comments
  • jeffery davies February 8, 2013 at 7:42 pm

all the lying gits belonging to atos and dwp d/makers should be sacked ids grayling should have to answer to the courts of this as every wk more die because of atos dwp but then will they i think not trying to save all making the sick atos whip so that they render to it nah do the decent thing get rid jeff3

• Justin Thyme February 8, 2013 at 10:03 pm

“This report completely fails to recognise the considerable improvements we have made to the work capability assessment since coming to power in 2010.” Mark Hoban, Employment Minister

that’s his card marked then, bastard!!

• Sam February 11, 2013 at 3:50 am

Reference the standardised ‘tick-box’ mentioned in the report. Was there any mention of a widely-reported practice by ATOS HCPs of making assertions which were not based on interviews or evidence provided?

• steve davies February 11, 2013 at 11:54 am

So what is going to happen now or in near future ? or do we have to wait for more deaths and suicides . It will , in my opinion, only change when the ConDems are voted out of office.

• owen uptwit February 11, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Some way towards justice. I want to know if those who have list lived ones or have experienced health deterioration are to sue DWP. I hope they can and do.

• Sam February 11, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I’m afraid steve davies is too optimistic about an election – it was, after all, the last government which introduced us to ATOS. And if UKIP were to be part of the government, we might be begging to have IDS back! When our damaged soldiers, who have more public sympathy than the simply disabled, start being treated better, THAT’LL be a good sign.

• Sam February 11, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Note to owen uptwit: if I can find the resources, I plan to do exactly that – I think I may have grounds including 2 laws broken. I shall post progress on a blog, but I ought to ask this site’s permission before naming my site…

• nikki February 11, 2013 at 11:03 pm

ATOS drove me to the brink of wanting to commit suicide with an assessment and report which took me from high rate both DLA components to Nil . Severe complex mental health problems is just one of my illnesses ,of which i have had to have 12 sessions of electric shock treatment for in the past after attempting to take my life and as you may know ECT is a last and final resort .I blame this government as they are setting ATOS targets at whatever cost to sign the sick and vulnerable off benefits . My mental health is very fragile and now I am awaiting also for the decision of my ESA ,I have severe pain throughout my body and also have narcolepsy ,incontinence problems ,sever derealization syndrome ( I constantly feel the world is unreal and I am not a part of things . But ATOS cured me in a 30 min assessment with a report that painted me in a bright light ,the stress of appealing has made me ill and the loss of my mobility vehicle which was the only way i could be taken out on short journeys by my partner due to my sever anxiety disorder .The dr from ATOS described me as well built ,and intelligent ,all because i could tell him how i feel on a day to day basis .I cant eat or sleep as a result of what has happened .This system is a total disgrace and to treat human beings in this way should be unlawful .My family are also ill due to this with the worry of my mental health state .Financial worries as a result of my dla removed ,christmas was aweful and my sons 18th birthday due to the withdrawal of my dla ,as i still have the pay expenses to family and friends who help care for me .I have a solicitor to fight my appeal. I dont know how they sleep at night

• Anne Byrne February 15, 2013 at 12:59 pm

They sleep at night because YOU do not exist to them YOU do not move in their circles and if you were a family member YOU would be the secret they hid in their attic or the wing of the house that only one servant was allowed to use !
      I would probably be there with you as I have a deformed spine. Didn’t you know this world is only for the perfect people who share their views and are born into a life of riches. The rest of us are just something unpleasant to be stamped out and now their little pet dog ATOS has been muzzled they need to find another one.
      I will go out fighting. I am currently waiting for a re-decision and then no doubt an appeal. My benefits ceased on 8th Feb as yet nothing has been awarded, DWP say I should hear before my next payment would have been received which is 22/02/13 so they still have 1 week to let me know if I can continue to eat.
      Sending you and the thousands of others in this appalling position a *hug* it sometimes helps just to know you are not alone.

• Ange KRUMS March 5, 2013 at 12:04 am

This government is worse than communist USSR. They should be booted out.
    I never voted for them, I never voted for a con/lib government. ATOS should be investigated, there practices and assessments need to be scrutinised by some sort of independent body. It all amounts to gross abuse of vulnerable people in our society. It is intimidation. These ATOS doctors intimidate the out come of all the assessments they carry out. They manipulate the reports they write, to benefit the DWP, Medical services, the Government, and finally
    ATOS as a company, to increase there own profits. What the government pay’s ATOS as a company should alternatively be paid to our sick and vulnerable society.
    Anybody who let an ATOS doctor physically examine them should not let them do this. They are only suppose to ask you 20 questions. Nothing else.
    I would suggest that if they try or do physically examine any one it should amount to assault.