HomeBlog‘A Tale of two Models: Disabled People vs Unum, Atos, Government and Disability Charities’ by Debbie Jolly, DPAC
Comments
  • DAVID A SHAW May 31, 2012 at 8:50 am

Total and utter proof that the motto really is ARBEIT MACHT FREI, and of course we have heard of that before, but after the disabled who next ? Sexual deviants (Gay or Lesbian people ) as they will be classified. Then what Racial deviants (anyone who is not white with blond hair and blue eyes ) now i wonder where all this is leading us.
    To finish i wonder which contractor is currently bidding to build the gas ovens.

• muffie02 May 31, 2012 at 10:42 am

exellent summation – as usual the world is full of “experts” on our situation/disabilities/illnesses – yet one wonders just HOW many of those who pontificate and judge ARE ACTUALLY DISABLED THEMSELVES ??

very FEW I SUSPECT – as of course the disabled are incapable of describing how their disabilities affect them – they NEED all these EXPERTS to tell us

well my definition of an “expert” is thus X=AN UNKNOWN QUANTITY – AND A “SPURT” IS A DRIP UNDER PRESSURE

ASK THE PEOPLE WHO ARE DISABLED – NOT FRIGGING EXPERTS !! -I AM THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS HOW AND TO WHAT DEGREE MY DISBILITY AFFECTS ME – BUT I GET “TOLD ” BY OTHERS

• Ali May 31, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Not only is the idea that work makes you well been disproved time and again, it is making disabiled and sick people worse it is coursing more people to become sick and disabiled. I was told the other day at work that there is no such thing as dislecxer and people should come to work with infections becourse it doesn’t matter if others get it to.
    Telling people to think that they are not ill and disabiled is telling them to run away and denign their own problem. It is hard for me to put into words how bad these idea put out by these right wing evil people.

• britishroses May 31, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Very well written, have you ever thought of going in to politics?

• jeffrey davies May 31, 2012 at 2:20 pm

it makes my think im bonkers well i m but they think with my disabilty can be ready for and do some work. who will give me insurance as i cant get it i been refused it while working so had to finish as of it . so where do all these self stilyed plonkers with all thier information saying there are no disabled people or sick untill one day thier eyes are sudenly opened and they start screaming whot about me ive been disabled welcome to 2012 the yr the sick and disabled vanished jeff3

• Rod Millard May 31, 2012 at 10:05 pm

@S.r. Williams

That list would make interesting reading – especially since all charities will have a trust deed registered with the Charities Commissioners. It would take a lot of time to go through them all, but I’m willing to bet that each and every one of them contains the phrase “Promote the interests and wellbeing of…”

Charities complicity in the WCA scandal does nothing to promote our wellbeing, and it is certainly not in our interests – and if they have violated their trust deeds by doing so, we have grounds to complain to the Charities Commissioners and have their executives summarily dismissed!