HomeBlogGPs should provide information for every fitness for work assessment, urges BMA
Comments
  • RG June 28, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I still can’t believe that these so called HCP are still getting away with fraud and dishonesty with no action being taken against them. There is no doubt that they are trained and pressurised to produce false reports full of lies and distortions. I might be fooling myself but for the life of me I can’t believe members of a caring profession, Drs, Nurses and Physiotherapists are doing people down unless they are forced to do so.

• David Calvert June 29, 2013 at 12:37 am

Medical evidence provided by the GP and consultant based on the history and current condition including the possibility of relapse is all that should be required to claim benefits. Doing this would enable ATOS to be scrapped and the money invested back into the NHS and the well-being of the nations population. As we have it at the moment ATOS is expecting claimants with complex medical conditions to provide confirmed medical diagnosis whilst the NHS budget would decline to fund it, this I know from personal experience.

• Mo Stewart July 1, 2013 at 11:34 am

This is incorrect David. It has already been decided that Atos WILL NOT access medical history as provided by GPs or Consultants and the so called DWP ‘Decision Makers’ have confirmed that they are incapable of deciphering medical terminology.

The DWP keep ‘tinkering’ but, in reality, we’re going round in circles and there can be no improvement. DON’T assume that Atos are going anywhere fast…

Atos founded COHPA and they seem to think they are here to stay. Don’t forget Atos were involved with DSS medicals long BEFORE the WCA was introduced. HH Judge Robert Martin wrote 10 consecutive annual reports that all confirmed that the Atos assessment “failed to coincide with reality.”

• David Calvert July 1, 2013 at 10:45 pm

With the greatest respect if what I have written is incorrect why would ATOS be asking me for a consultants report?

• Sam July 19, 2013 at 12:01 am

For the same reason as the Nazis asked you to bring luggage when they were taking you to the camps…

• JEFFREY August 5, 2013 at 6:22 pm

in that case atos is useless.
        if they can not understand medical conditions
        how can they make a judgement ???

tnx jeff lph

• carykanelaw July 1, 2013 at 7:31 am

That’s reality but still there are people who are fighting.

• Stepping Razor Sound Plate July 16, 2013 at 10:30 am

GP`s, Doctors, BMA Vs ATOS & DWP

Who is the real medical professional = A Legal Case to be fought through the courts at the tax payers expense. Will it have to go that far!!!

• Stepping Razor Sound Plate July 16, 2013 at 10:32 am

Atos assessment “failed to coincide with reality.”

• PAUL August 13, 2013 at 6:47 pm

can someone please tell me if this is a ruling that i can now use in support of my current esa appeal?
    had atos interrogation in july 2012.. still waiting to go to tribunal…
    mental health problems including ocd…possable body dysmorphic… the so called nurse that saw me…reported that i was “well groomed and looked well” i argue that since part my problem can be body dysmorphic..(as written down by my psychiatrist)a symptom is over grooming… anyone help me please?

• Michael Burdette-Deakin October 21, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Atos Healthcare is a private company contracted by the DWP to conduct fitness for work assessments.

Firstly, to accomplish this they would need access to your medical records which are confidential. To gain access to your medical records Atos would have been required to submit a form of authority signed by you granting access to your private and confidential records.

Without these records there is no valid and honest way that any legitimate doctor can truthfully assess your fitness to work.

By this reasoning should be asked to complete a fit for work medical one of the first questions you should ask the examiner is: “Have you read my medical file”

If the answer to that is yes and you HAVEN’T been asked to sign a release form then the doctor conducting the examination is committing a criminal offence.

If the answer is ‘No, we do not have access to your medical records and history” then the assessment is invalid and the examining doctor is technically incompetent.

• Elsie March 14, 2014 at 11:57 am

Hi! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I
    realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely glad I
    found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!

Trackbacks