HomeBlogThatcher’s time in power destroyed industries in Scotland and still casts a shadow over the over the independence referendum
Comments
  • George Woodward April 9, 2013 at 3:48 pm

May we never see her like again.If I put my true feeling my post would never appear.

• Peter Morris April 9, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Camoron is a child of Thatcher and he is doing his best to repeat the same mistakes as Thatcher did. Reducing spending is turning the UK into a downwards economic spiral.

• RG April 9, 2013 at 6:03 pm

My only comment is, if this woman hadn’t decimated heavy industry how much of it would be left today? The writing was on the wall we could not compete with the rising countries of the world. This was due to the fact their overheads were far less. How many mines would be left now? with the green lobby, I bet not many.

• Robert April 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Thatcher was the grownup in the room who knew that socialism didn’t work and was willing to pull the plug on the industries that were proving her right. Small wonder that victimization-minded Scots hated her; she had balls enough to say out loud what they haven’t yet admitted even to themselves: your labor is worth what other people are willing to pay for it and not a penny more.

• jed goodright April 9, 2013 at 8:00 pm

well thanks for that RG, your thorough analysis of the issues, with all the relevant data and economic costings plus the requirement to look after indigenous communities really does help – not!

• Mike Parnell April 9, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I went to a swim school today and they asked me what my favourite stroke was Apparently ” the one that killed Margaret Thatcher ” wasn’t what they were looking for

• Humanity2012 April 10, 2013 at 10:57 am