* Sponsors of the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow include ATOS.
* ATOS has been the object of sustained campaigning by disability rights activists, for reason of its conduct of Work Capability Assessments on behalf of the Con-Dem coalition, with the goal of driving people with disabilities off benefits.
Congress believes ATOS should not be allowed to exploit the Commonwealth Games as a source of publicity.
Congress therefore resolves to:
* Instruct the General Council to write to the Board and Executive Team of Glasgow 2014 calling on them to cancel ATOS’ sponsorship of the Games.
* Instruct the General Council to write to Glasgow City Labour Group urging them to support the demand that ATOS should not be accepted as a sponsor of the Games.
* Support campaigning by disability rights groups against ATOS sponsorship of the Games.
Glasgow Trades Council passed this motion and it is now Trades Council policy.
Next we look for ACTION on this motion!
Solidarity with all our comrades in the Scottish Trade Union Movement!
UNITE AND FIGHT FOR A ROLLING UNITED GENERAL STRIKE!