Public health minister Anna Soubry: 'They [poor people] will sit in front of the telly and eat.' Photograph: BBC
Public health minister Anna Soubry: ‘They [poor people] will sit in front of the telly and eat.’ Photograph: BBC

The content previously published here has been withdrawn. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Comments
  • Boadacia! January 27, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Must mean Erik Pickles, Prescott et all are due for the extermination plan?

• Kelpiemare January 27, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

How ignorant, and patronising, can one sTory eejits get???? They are so far removed from reality as to be in a different star system, let alone a different planet!!! Onyhoo, Ms Anna Soubry-Bennett, two words. Ed Pickles.

• Kelpiemare January 27, 2013 at 8:05 pm

P.S. Soubry, if you leave pre-emptive to spell out your texts, becomes ‘Sorry’. Rather apt, don’t you think?!

• laz January 27, 2013 at 8:21 pm

So does that mean ricc skinny women are all balemic.Eating the rushing to the kazi with their fingers down their throat.Stupid Woman …

• celia January 27, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I wonder if it’s all that blueblood and inbreeding that makes them so stupid?

• Red Oktober January 27, 2013 at 8:29 pm

A great piece by Catherine Bennett on the observed wisdom of Tory politicians. This is a good example of what most of us are up against, but it’s not just the Tories, although they seem to consistently get to top of the class in stupidity, we need to remember that it was the Labour party that introduced Welfare reform in the first place.
    We need a new political system in this country, one that is by the people for the people.

• Dissabled dave January 27, 2013 at 8:38 pm

“to offices where slovenly workers indulge in the ”disgusting” – she finds – habit of eating at their desks” she obviously thinks that underpaid office workers earn enough that they can afford to go to the nearest 5-star restaurant for every lunch like she and her cronies do.

“What they don’t do is actually sit down and share a meal around the table,” because thanks to her and the rest of the money-grabbing elite, people have to choose between buying food and buying a table.

I’m rapidly getting to the belief that the entire House of Commons and House of Lords added together couldn’t reach a total IQ of 100 between them.

• Lainey Nic January 27, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Once again its being badgered around a steeo type. This woman enraged me on Thursday eveining with her comments on Question Time. My suggestion to her is to take a step of the high ground and seek out the real people of this country.

• chindit January 27, 2013 at 9:51 pm

so how come all these greedy mps with all their embezled expenses and stinking rich are not slim.

• carol larkin January 27, 2013 at 10:12 pm

This woman is a disgrace to the human race.

• Paul Davidson January 28, 2013 at 1:16 am

In the last 72 hour’s I have had one tin of veg soup worth 35p five slices of bread worth around 25p. six tiny choc bars worth 78p.

I’m litrally starving to death due to harm of long term food deprivation.

Both my body and mind are to ill to eat properly medication makes it much worse.

Im hiding behind closed blind’s permanently. due to long term abuse and grosss neglect.

never mind tomorrow Im about to flee the hell hole property and my abusers for good.

It’s the greasy chip shop for me tomorrow night with free batter I hope.

and peas to make me shit better as im all bunged up with Tory shit.

just dont come dine with me without your own free Parliamentary nappy.

• Daniel Linger January 28, 2013 at 8:30 am

What I want to know is when anybody with any balls is going to move for a vote of no confidence in the government.

Surely with the wonderful mix of utter Tory ignorance (like this stupid bitch), and LibDems do-absolutely-nothing approach (except fiddle expenses, of course), surely a better example of no confidence couldn’t be more apparent?