Joseph Goebbels would have been proud of Cameron’s performance today: Tell a lie, tell it big – and repeat often:
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State”
“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly – it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”
‘A half-truth is a whole lie’
~ Yiddish Proverb
David Cameron’s mendacity and his shameless capacity to use his dead child as a means to strip Britain’s disabled people of their dignity and fundamental human rights, unencumbered by any sense of conscience or decency, knows no boundaries.
This is an outrage and the entire nation needs to rise from its slumber and see what manner of man he truly is!
‘Despicable’ doesn’t even come close to describing his moral depravity!
He was asked:
What will he will say to Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson and the other paralympians who have warned this week that his decision to cut DLA will prevent disabled people from participating in sport and threaten the legacy of the London Games?
“We are not cutting the money that is going into supporting disability …we are reforming the system, replacing DLA with PIP and it’s all about recognising people’s needs … it had been worked out with the disability lobby very, very carefully and I think it’ll be an improvement on the current system.”
Cameron is a Bare-Faced LIAR!
‘For example, every working-age claimant of disability benefit will be reassessed by a government contractor rather than their family doctor to see if they are fit to work – which the government hopes will cut benefit payments by 20 percent’ ~ Reuters
Key findings of The Spartacus Report:
- Only 7% of organisations that took part in the consultation were fully in support of plans to replace DLA with PIP
- There was overwhelming opposition in the consultation responses to nearly all of the government’s proposals for DLA reform
- The government consistently used inaccurate figures to exaggerate the rise in DLA claimants
- The report shows that nearly all of the recent increase in working-age claimants of DLA has been associated with mental health conditions and learning difficulties. Between 2002 and 2010, the number of working-age DLA claimants – excluding those with mental health conditions and learning difficulties – remained remarkably stable
- 98% of those who responded opposed plans to change the qualifying period for PIP from three months (as it is with DLA) to six months
- 90% opposed plans for a new assessment, which disabled people fear will be far too similar to the much-criticised work capability assessment used to test eligibility for employment and support allowance (ESA)
- Respondents to the consultation repeatedly warned that the government’s plans could breach the Equality Act, the Human Rights Act and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Later at PMQs Anne Maguire gets up and says (@12.23)
“I just wondered if I could cut through the waffle that the PM gave us in their answer to Disability Living Allowance … The reality is that 600,000 disabled people will be losing an extra-cost benefit ..instead of just giving disabled people warm words to this country why doesn’t he take aside his immovable DWP secretary and say to him it’s time we thought again on this one.”
To which he replies:
“The move from DLA to PIP has been an exercise of huge consultation with the disability lobbies to try and make sure that we get this right. The fact is there are hundreds of thousands of people on DLA who’ve never had a re-check since they started to take on that benefit … there are many others on DLA – and I know this as a parent as I filled out the form myself – who have to fill out reams of questions …answers to questions…without doing a proper medical check that would actually get them the benefit quicker – so we’re moving from an old system that’s out of date to a new system that will actually help disabled people.”
Later, when asked if the NHS rationing body the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (‘NICE’) would permit Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy operations for children with Cerebral Palsy Cameron again states:
“As I said a moment ago … as a parent of a very disabled child who had cerebral palsy if there was anything you could do to get that child out of the wheelchair as a parent you’d want that to happen.”
Watch Wednesday’s PMQs beginning at 12.00 with DLA & PIP questions from 12.20 HERE
Recommended: Hare, R. D. (1998). Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of Psychopaths Among Us New York: Guilford Press:
‘All too frequently, we’re confronted by people who do and say things that are beyond belief in their negative impact. And we’re left wondering how these people can sleep at night…how they can live with themselves after doing or saying these things. Dr. Hare’s book “Without Conscience” answers the question brilliantly. They simply lack the kind of conscience normal people have. What a scary fact! Without resorting to titillating details of psychopathic depredations, Dr. Hare writes lucidly, authoritatively and with a readability normally reserved to best-selling novels. A must-read, especially in these times when psychopathic behavior has become, in some unfortunate quarters, “cool.” ‘