HomeBlogPRESS RELEASE: UK Doctors Vote to end the DWP/AtoS WCA régime “with immediate effect” – BLACK TRIANGLE Anti-Defamation Campaign in Defence of Disability Rights
Comments
  • Trev Fairminer May 23, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Great article. Let’s hope they start to listen and act on this !!!

• Kaz Neumann May 23, 2012 at 7:51 pm

And so they VERY WELL should – how much pain and how debilitated do you have to be to be taken seriously. I and many more of my CFS/ME/FM diagnosed collegues, can not believe how this already ‘adding insult to injury’ DWP/AtoS Work Capacity Assignment can be allowed. Is it actually an infringment on disabled peoples Human Rights? Shame on this government if they continue to be so ignorant!

• Kaz Neumann May 23, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I care about myself and the people I recognise as my ‘ME/CFS/FM’ community down here in Cornwall – our voices need to be heard, why aren’t they?

• Kaz Neumann May 23, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Re my comment of 23/5/2012 7.51 pm -I think I made a mistake in registering my email address. Actually my email is khneumann@yahoo.co.uk– feel free anybody to contact me. 😉 Love and light X

• DAVID A SHAW May 23, 2012 at 8:44 pm

You shall not pass you weak , vile and disgusting excuses for human beings. One disabled person is worth a billion of your vile wretched kind. We all look forward to your being bought to trial for your actions. It happened at Nuremburg and it shall surely happen here, you can count on it .

• jeffrey davies May 24, 2012 at 12:20 pm

experts and disability organizations who the ones who got thrown out of america for doing the same treatment over there.But over there the us goverment could be taken to court for this treatment but over here they protected by law .torys not fit for the purpose . get rid of

• Charlie May 24, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I have a diagnosis of severe depression, personality disorder and bipolar. I’ve had a terrifying few months due to ATOS (Associated team of shit-heads) Going down & down daily. I have, and am thinking of the easy out, suicide. If I can, I will try to make my death & ATO’S association in it as public as possible.

• John Hargrave May 27, 2012 at 6:53 am

It makes no sense to continue with Atos assessments. It has failed miserably when you look at how many disabled people have been treated, how many are found ‘fit to work’ when quite clearly they are not, with many people now destitute or suffering from the immense stress of these flawed assessments. These tick box exercises are designed to ‘trick’ people and pass them ‘fit,’ just to show this government they really are working for them. The whole episode is biased, and has caused misery to countless disabled people. By the way, who are the the Disability Organisation’s who have conspired, with others, to support these awful practises? They must be named and shamed.

• Humanity2012 June 11, 2012 at 6:04 pm

We Need a Better Government Now Not this ” Coalition ” of Millionaires

• John Sullivan June 11, 2012 at 7:48 pm

The WCA has beena death sentence for to many people already and needs to be stopped without delay, it would be interesting to know how many deaths across the country to date have been contributed to by this inhumane policy from a government of dont care millionaires.

The abuse of the words Consultation & Choice have become a sick joke since the advent of this uncaring coalition government , they dont consult and they dont offer choice, they simply play at both to avoid juducial review. The ridiculously short period of time allowed for seeking judicial review does not allow enough time for people to realise they have not been meaningfully consulted or offered any choice. The law is an ass in this regard and the disabled deserve better, we are supposed to be a civiliized society yet we are indirectly killing disabled people by forcing them into work they are not fit to do.

I can only hope that the BMA comes out in support of this action, this coalition government with the help of the right wing press in just 2 short years, have turned the publics conception of the disabled, from being poor dears to scrounging bastartds to justify this attack on disabled people from a government that simply does not care.