HomeBlack Triangle NewsBedworth ‘suicide pact’ couple found lying side-by-side
Comments
  • Zachary Danger Martin on Facebook November 8, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Expect more of the same. 🙁

• Joe Kane on Facebook November 8, 2011 at 9:45 pm

The lovely Sue Marsh has just been on Channel 4 after the main evening news, talking about this

See the BT post below, here –

Or Channel 4 online here –

And comment about what Sue had to say on Channel 4 online here –

• Gail Ward on Facebook November 8, 2011 at 9:49 pm

well i hopw they can sleep easy at nite…:(

• Ann Boyne on Facebook November 8, 2011 at 9:53 pm

so sad, but yes i expect more to happen !! trying to access benefits at the moment is atrocious, 0845 numbers who the hell can afford to keep ringing to even make a claim !!

• Lynn Harrison on Facebook November 8, 2011 at 11:33 pm

(I have so much I have to say about this, apart from the fact that this is probably happening everywhere, I worked as a mental health / generic crisis advocate for 3 years in Coventry and Warks until 2009 when funding ran out, the DPO I worked for then got funding again last year but a couple of weeks ago the manager of the MH user group told me that the new advocate is struggling and feeling unsupported. Independent Advocacy, which they speak of, can only support people who are in receipt of MH services, Dial in Bedworth and Nuneaton had their funding cut and have been struggling to survive, there is no DPO in this area funded for information and advice. When I was an advocate I took on many cases like Helen’s where disabled parents, particularly those with MH and learning difficulty impairments lost their children as this was seen as most cost effective by ss and all of the local solicitors take on cases but they also work for SS. My work with parents was seen as too time consuming. MH services in this area have been heavily cut back and are viewed by users as ineffective. ) still, as a mental health sevice user myself I will probably be seen as mad as per

• Lynn Harrison on Facebook November 8, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Basically, imho people with mh diagnoses in this area (apart from the user group which struggles on bravely) are and have been shafted for a long time and these are two of many, many deaths over many years

• Lynn Harrison on Facebook November 8, 2011 at 11:42 pm

the voices of the many Mark and Helen’s need to be heard and heeded before they get to a point of no return

• Angela Mitchell on Facebook November 9, 2011 at 12:51 am

The Samaritans must be overworked from all these cases? I worked with them when Labour first took power in 1997 and there were a number of phone calls relating to benefit problems. But I can only imagine what the advisors are having to deal with now?