Home#CripTheVoteUKShock as Universal Credit rules treat sick as ‘fit for all work-related activity’ – against GPs explicit orders
Comments
  • Mags May 26, 2017 at 1:04 am

I have had great understanding from UC team in regard with my fitness for work. They do evaluate individual cases and basically are there to encourage people to take up employment.

• LizzyV May 26, 2017 at 10:16 am

Similarly to this – the JC are also trying to force those put in WRAG, whilst they are waiting for tribunal for the Support Group, into work related training. This happened to me even after presenting job centre with a letter from my GP (written for the purpose of appeal) which stated that I am unfit to travel.

• MarkCarlisle May 27, 2017 at 11:38 am

I was found fit for work by atos and my own doctor says iam unfit for work I was told to go to the job centre after getting zero points the 1st appointment I was threatened with a sanction I was also asked to reconsider my appeal which I said no and the 2nd time my doctor had signed me off again as unfit for work the job centre said because its the same condition I was found fit for work for iam still classed as fit for work so my doctors sick note does not stand so they are over ruling my doctor and I was threatened with a sanction again if I don’t look for work when iam listening to my own doctors advice for my health but the DWP do not care at all

• mjesmith June 30, 2017 at 9:28 am

I could type in a post but basically it would be a repeat of the above post. The only addition is that work will make my condition worse and will result in another operation on my spine.

• MarkCarlisle July 3, 2017 at 1:49 pm

They just do not care iam still waiting to hear from my mandatory appeal since they said I was fit for work my doctor is going mad after I told the DWP say my sick note does not stand because atos says iam fit for work I’ve just been signed off again and I rang universal credit up the person I spoke to was OK but 3 days later my job advisor rang me up and harassed me over the phone telling me I’ve still to look for work as the sick note does not stand if I don’t I will be sanctioned I said to her over the phone I can’t hardly walk so what’s the point of applying for jobs when my doctor says iam unfit and iam waiting to get a appointment for physiotherapy on my spine I told the job centre advisor I could not walk for nearly 5 months after I hurt my back when I was working and the proof is on my medical records her reply was your fit for work this is how iam getting treated in Carlisle Cumbria

• MarkCarlisle July 3, 2017 at 12:08 am

Well my doctor has signed me off again and iam also waiting for a physio appointment I rang the universal credit number and explained the reason why and the person was OK and changed my appointment at the job centre then 3 days later my job coach rang me up saying that I’ve still got to look for work or I will be sanctioned and that iam still classed as fit for work even tho my back has gone and iam struggling to walk and that my doctor signed me off I even told my doctor that the DWP are over ruling his sick note by saying I was found fit for work by atos so it does not stand the job advisor and the job club what I’ve been told to go to are even telling me to do shelf filling jobs or production work and even told me a job which involves cleaning ovens in a superstore which involves bending down and cleaning inside iam still waiting for my mandatory appeal since atos found me fit for work because the person who seen me was 30 mins late and she never had a clue what my medication was and even asked me what codeine was for if atos are qualified health people you would at least think they know what codeine was for iam only suppose to take 8 a day with paracetamol but the amount of pain iam suffering iam taking up to 16 codeine and 16 paracetamol every day to ease the pain but it does not help me walk any better or faster the DWP do not care at all about a persons health or condition they just want the person off benefit they probably even celebrate when they sanction a person or if a person commits suicide

Trackbacks