HomeBlogNazi persecution of people with disabilities and what this means for us today
Comments
  • Tom January 28, 2013 at 2:06 am

This is not my country any more. I am ashamed to be British. My wife and I have a suicide pact. She has a part time job, I don’t have any. I have several physical ailments, but my biggest problem is depression. Recently, I was tricked out of all of my family savings by an experienced con artist. That would never have happened if not for my mental state. ATOS hasn’t got to me yet, but they will. We’ve cried all night about the mess we’re in – we cannot afford to heat our home sufficiently to keep warm. We cannot survive on any less than we have now. I’ve tried to downsize but the market is flat. I’m just as appalled and disgusted by the right wingers – as with the left, for their silence. No one will miss us.

• JJ January 28, 2013 at 3:06 am

Tom. We have sent you an email. Please check your inbox. Love & solidarity, John.

• Judith January 28, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Tom,pls hold on to a bit of hope,trust me we have been dreadfully bullied too in UK,and I cant quite believe what is happening,we must try and keep on,because being evil is always that,and those who are ignoring our peril,will have their own shocks in store before too long I think,I agree,Im ashamed of UK and for those letting this continue,good luck to you both

• Becki January 28, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Tom, you have to hold on. Things will get better even if you dont think so right now. there is only one you in the whole universe, you are special. Even if you feel you have no value, you are loved and unique. The site administrator has full permission to give you my email address if you need to talk. x

• Broken January 29, 2013 at 12:56 am

I’m so sorry Tom. I understand exactly how you feel and if I could ever offer any help, please ask. Being in this terrible situation…you feel that there is no-one who cares…but maybe I was wrong in thinking that too. People who understand will care. Please let me know if there’s any way at all I can help you.

• SG January 28, 2013 at 4:05 am

Tom, both of you, please hold on. You would be sorely missed! They cannot continue with this onslaught unchallenged, and people are mobilising to help one another, physically, emotionally, financially.

I’m falling asleep now but others will be awake soon and hopefully have practical advice. Whereabouts are you?

• logicalincrementalism January 28, 2013 at 5:26 am

The eugenics movement started because of a misunderstanding of how genetics works. It was assumed that some people are genetically normal and others aren’t. We now know that each individual is genetically unique, but the old idea of ‘normal’ and ‘abnormal’ persists. As long as it does, it will continue to plague public policy.

• Linda January 28, 2013 at 7:08 am

When you consider they would have done away with someone like Stephen Hawking, it just shows how daft eugenics is. The father of a severely disabled child said to me once, at least he will never grow up to rob a bank or harm another human being.
    Tom, hang in there. The tide will turn. This government wont be in power forever.

• Pink Parrot January 28, 2013 at 11:04 am

I suppose by the crazy rationale of eugenics, the eugenicists should have got rid of themselves first, being ‘faulty’ ie having no humanity, no hearts, no souls.
    Did the BBC mention anything about Holocausts day on the news, relating to disability (or are we ‘cleansed from history too?)
    As others have said Tom, do hang in there, the tide is turning, slowly, but it is. The truth is seeping out little by little, truth always comes out in the end, nothing lasts forever, and this regime’s days are well and truly numbered.
    We’re not on our own during these dreadful times, thank God for the internet.

• GEOFF REYNOLDS January 28, 2013 at 2:12 pm

GEOFFREY REYNOLDS left an annotation (28 January 2013)

Gone are the days when you needed to use an easily recognizable mode of ending someones life…..
    No need for firearms,knives or poison….
    It could start with the receipt of a seemingly innocent brown envelope containing a deadly recipe concocted to take away the very reason for living…..
    A death sentence generated and sent to the most weakest and vulnerable in our society by the most heinous and cowardly in our society…..
    The assailants hide behind bureaucracy and ill thought out guidelines and hastily drafted, corrupted laws.
    Meanwhile the impact becomes more and more apparent as the clock ticks and the victims multiply…
    Statistics will be used to try and mask the injustice but consciences will carry the burden. It is never erased.

• Judith January 28, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I have to say the brown envelope is a deadly weapon,and they keep sending them knowing one might hit the mark,one sent my BP up to 250 over 150…….did I seek help,no because….no one wants to know……UK you are very strange these days,I dont recognise you

• Alex January 28, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I got a nasty brownie today. I simply dont have the will or energy to ‘fight’ the apperachniks anymore. The only ‘flight’ option I feel I have is to burn the remains of my chattels and light the charcoal co2 oblivion machine. I’ll be saving the country some money, it’s my civic duty LOL.

• DAVID SHAW January 28, 2013 at 2:25 pm

If we fail to learn the lessons of the past , we are condemned to repeat them. It seems in Eton they did not learn history at all. For they are repeating the past , and all of the suffering and consequence that it will bring. But they forget that those who carry the flag of Nazism will pay dearly for their actions. There is no ratline, their is no support, Cameron, miller, osborne, McVey, Freud, IDS , every one of these pathetic, weak and intolerable individuals will pay a very high price for their crimes.

• Judith January 28, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Nazism …… hold on didnt we fight a WHOLE WAR TO STOP THAT,guess then folks had morals,too many turning away in UK,but it will be your loss,trust us

• Becki January 28, 2013 at 10:15 pm

• Graham January 28, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Our local MP went to Belgium and was caught in his party dress SS uniform! Aiden Burley, he is one who I believe would Gas us all, I feel let down by this country, they help anyone wants work ..I applied for 1600 in the last 10 yrs and heard from non.. my debts are 40k so maybe my time is here too? my ATOS Death form came Saturday, wish me luck, if they can get me a job, then all good, but some how I don’t think so.. Oh and what do we go on when our 12 month work benefit runs out? what then…

• Broken January 29, 2013 at 12:33 am

I’m like Tom and his wife. I’ve been ill for a long time and I’ve always tried to fight to keep myself going but now, I’ve no fight left. I know Cameron and his evil minions won’t care but I’m sure I’ll be another statistic by the end of the year. The terror of wondering when that dreaded envelope is going to drop through the door has taken away any fight I had left. Like so many others, I see suicide as the only way out. It seems to be illegal to be ill in this terrible country these days and so many people who work agree with the government. No-one seems to care enough to stand up for ill people who can’t do it themselves.

I’m so sad and broken and I just can’t see any way out.

• Humanity2012 July 30, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Too Many Boneheads with their Heads in the Sand

Too Much Selfishness

Tax The Rich Hands Off The Poor

• Sveinn Sigurður Ólafsson March 3, 2014 at 3:00 pm

“The hecklers that he and his colleagues found really difficult to deal with were those who agreed that this was indeed a death camp, but that Hitler was right. ”

I would ask these hecklers one question.

“how about evil people, you think we should kill them too?”

• a March 8, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Just over a year ago Atos decision was to take me from incapacity to work related ESA, without an interview. I have several degenerative, debilitating conditions, each of which should have prevented this. I tried to appeal but was told it is incumbent on me to supply them with consultants letters at £50 a time. This I could not afford, the appeal process became irrelevant.
      Halfway through February I found out my ESA had expired at the beginning of the month! No one bothered to notify me of this. Immediately I found I had a thick form to fill in to begin a new claim from scratch, I completed the form the same day and submitted it to DWP.
      I have had no money since the beginning of February. No acknowledgement my claim is being processed. The only serious advice I’ve had (from a social worker) is to find a food bank!
      What happens when the inevitable services bills come in?
      I know I’m not alone in this BUT I am alone, with nowhere to turn.
      There isn’t an hour in the day when I’m struggling with thoughts of ending my life, (I have the means to do so).
      All the expensive think tanks have deliberately manufactured these policies and this evil government has put them into practice with glee. None of the other parties are doing anything to minimise what’s going on. Indeed most of them think it’s a great thing to be doing and have no wish to tackle this form of genocide, which it clearly is, by proxy; ie. it’s all our own fault! And Joe public has been brainwashed by their propaganda to agree.
      I unfortunately have lived nearly 60 years too long. This is a country with no national compassion. Everyone has a selfish agenda.
      The only thing I feel ashamed of is my country.
      I cannot condone anyone killing anyone for any reason.
      But it’s not difficult to imagine others who don’t share my opinion.
      Hindsight and posterity are luxuries some of us don’t have, because it will be too late by then.

Trackbacks