HomeBlog‘April will be a very cruel month if you are on welfare benefits’ by Harpy Marx
Comments
  • Dave S January 26, 2013 at 5:26 pm

The caption above says “The SW is incorrect: It’s 11 bedrooms”. But there is no mistake or disagreement over the number of spare bedrooms – as both articles point out, he has a spare mansion with 8 bedrooms, plus 3 spare bedrooms in his London home, giving a total of 11.

• JJ January 26, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Correction and Clarification

~ Dave S Socialist Worker Paper – by Email

• Boadacia! January 26, 2013 at 5:35 pm

How many spare bedrooms have slimy Tories we should all ask? Bedrooms WE all pay for!

• jeffery davies January 26, 2013 at 5:42 pm

they got a few bedrooms spare but then they wont pay owt

• THERE IS NO FUTURE January 26, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I TOOK A RISK AND PUT £30,000 INTO PREMIUM BONDS JOBCENTREPLUS THEN DATA MATCHED MY BENEFIT CLAIM WITH THE BONDS ACCOUNT HELD BY HMRC, DWP THEN WROTE TO ME AND SAID THAT I HAD BEEN OVER PAID AND THAT I MUST PAY IT ALL BACK TO THEM OTHERWISE I WOULD BE PROSECUTED FOR SURE AND MOST PROBABLE FOUND GUILTY OF BENEFIT FRAUD AND RECEIVE A CUSTODIAL SENTENCE AND A CRIMINAL RECORD, SO I PAID THEM BACK NOW THE COUNCIL WANT THOUSANDS OF POUNDS FOR HOUSING BENEFIT AND COUNCIL TAX I DON’T KNOW HOW I WILL PAY THEM I WILL PROBABLY LOOSE MY RENTED HOME AND BE MADE HOMELESS BY THE COUNCIL, THE DWP THEN CLOSED MY INCOME SUPPORT CLAIM “I AM DISABLED” THEY SAID I WAS NOT ENTITLED TO IT ANY LONGER BECAUSE I HAD SAVINGS OVER THE LIMIT. I CAN SEE THIS HAPPENING TO MANY PEOPLE WHO MAY COMMIT SUICIDE AS THEY CANNOT COPE.

• Di Jones January 26, 2013 at 8:33 pm

If you had £30 Thousand pounds why did you need to ask for benefits? Are we not all responsible to support ourselves as long as we can, turning to fellow Tax Payers, to ask them to support us when we can no longer do so ?

• THERE IS NO FUTURE January 27, 2013 at 10:36 am

Dear Jones

You are already supporting people with your taxes when the government give a £40,000 tax break to people who earn over £1,000,000 per year
        they did not leave me with the my £30K savings to live off
        they took it all and my benefits,
        so how can I receive support when I can no longer support myself through savings as they took the savings
        they say I am not entitled to support?
        the savings limit is far to low at £6,000 it should be higher around £30,000
        it is a policy to keep people in poverty while at the same time for example sir Phillip green paid himself 1 billion in salary but paid no income tax on the money
        the government just want to strip you of everything they can.

• Bluesky January 26, 2013 at 6:32 pm

With yet more ‘C##P’ to come I see this country plunging into civil war, then watch those fat gits run for the hills, cos the army and police won’t protect them cos they too are victims of this government, Hand power back to her majesty The Queen………..

• Red Oktober January 27, 2013 at 12:54 pm

You must be joking Bluesky! Have you never heard of the Crown powers? Well they have been used extensively over the years and never to the good of the people.

• jefflph January 27, 2013 at 11:41 pm

FUNNY AN ARMY FRIEND OF MINE SAY WE DONT WANT TO PROTECT THEM AS THEY ARE SCUM AS FOR LORD f what a prick another one who knows nothing ..jeff ..

• laz January 26, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Power should be with the people Bluesky,& never be in the hands of any indavidual.

• Sasson January 27, 2013 at 9:02 am

Important note: If anyone is receiving care from the local authority and paying a contribution out of their benefits, ask them for a financial assessment as you should be able to put your rent against your care costs.