HomeBlogAtos benefits bullies killed my sick dad, says devastated Kieran McArdle, 13
Comments
  • Shirley P Cooper November 1, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I got no points at the last medical. So now I’m going to another MickeyMouse Return to Work Scheme. Yesterday I made it clear to them that their cleaning regime, dust, polish, hoover and mop within the hour with claimants in the room, jeopardises not only the other claimants but also my health: asthma and Allergic reactions. Then to top it all they refused to pay taxi fare though my feet were swollen (through not having a stool to rest it on) and there was a 20 minute walk to the bus stop and 10 minutes home from bus stop. It’s all money-making nonsense. I put on my last form that I would sue anyone who jeopordises my health. Maybe I should just walk with my solicitore everywhere I go

• jed goodright November 2, 2012 at 1:26 am

I see George Berger, that well known intelectual and artisan, is very quiet on this. Just how many people will die? Shirley, your comment about having/ needing a solicitor with you all the time is very relevant. They are killing the people whilst spending money on repairing the gift of a dead snake following info obtained by Paul Staines via a FOI request.

• Tim Bergstrass November 2, 2012 at 11:40 am

Unfortunately, this is yet another attempt at grandstanding by Tom Greatrex MP. This man has no interest in his constituents, he is highly politically ambitious (for himself) and has chosen Atos and disbability just to try to make his name.
    In addition, his financial arrangements regarding MP expenses are highly suspect – these have been reported in his local paper and in a BBC tweet, but he has tried to hush it up.
    ‘Let he who is without sin cast the first stone…..’

• Humanity2012 November 2, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Redsitribution of Wealth from Rich to Poor Now

It is Nearly 40 Years since the United Kingdom was Dragged by the Tories into
    the ” Common Market ” and all those Countless Billions of Pounds Sterling Wasted
    could of Funded Welfare Provision Hospitals Housing and Public Transport

We Need Welfare Not Warfare in Afghanistan

• Michael Hill November 25, 2012 at 7:58 pm

This is what happens when conservatives take control of the government. Just like here in America, conservatives only care about the wealthy toffs, making certain to lower their taxes while at the same time raing taxes for the poor and the midddle class, and cutting or stripping funding from essential service that people desperately need.

• elizabeth. August 10, 2013 at 11:12 pm

its sad when someone as to explain there lifes to a stranger to be degraded all because i cant communicate with people im always miss understood my life as always been a battle. its to hard to understand what im supposed to do i dont get life

• Steve M January 17, 2014 at 3:58 am

I haven’t been able to claim any form of benefit over the past five years, due to having savings over £16,000. My saving were from the sale of my home, and a divorce settlement and therefore the deposit for a new home. Being declared unfit for work by my Doctor with PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) CFS/ME, severe anxiety and depression, Bronchiectasis, I wasn’t able to get a mortgage, due to having no regular income. I have therefore had to use my savings to support myself, pay for rented accommodation, rates, utilities, food etc. Now that my savings has gone, I now qualified and entitled to claim ESA. Life degree became much easier and had some stability, however three months of claiming ESA I was called for an ATOS medical. Yes you are right I scored zero points and therefore declared fit for work, this brought an abrupt end all benefits with no warning. I had simply no choice but to take it to a tribunal hearing, for which I had to wait eleven months. Today I received their decision by post, having attended the tribunal in person, to say the appeal is refused, therefore i will receive a letter from DWP and the Council to inform me that once again i am no longer entitled to benefits. I am at a total loss as what to do now for I will have to vacate my home, with nowhere to go. There is simply no purpose to life any more I have totally lost the will to live.

• Lynne January 25, 2014 at 11:56 pm

I attended an appeal with my brother who has already attempted suicide on several occasions. We submitted medical evidence from the GP in support of his claim which would give him more than 15 points. However the judge and the doctor present said that they were only interested in 18 months ago. My brother had problems relating to strangers but the judge insisted he had to tell them because he had not spoke at the medical or completed the form needed help due to his mental state.
    The judge kept stopping anyone else answering for him though she could see he was distraught. Asked him questions unrelated like all the places he had worked and his time in the army.
    Yet telling us she was only interested in the period of time 18 months ago. That information was in the form.
    The ESA is constructive in causing physical and mental harm to those who are answering the questions.
    Where is the medical proof or test that shows those 15 questions make someone capable or incapable or work?
    My brothers medical consisted of him being asked to lift his arms above his head. She said that she could see no problem.
    My nephew said even a monkey can lift his arms about his head would you employ him on that basis? Trying to lighten the mood because basically everyone taking the test is being made a monkey out. Because the test in itself is not medically proven to make a person fit for work.

I am so sad for that little boy. But the working people of this world need to see the brain washing by our government that anyone on the sick or disabled are just lazy.
    They need to see that the government had mismanaged the NHS and the Social Security. And that has lead to these problems.
    Good luck to anyone with an appeal I hope that all will eventually win.