HomeBlogDisabled People: ‘Living with the fear factor’
Comments
  • scott speirs August 9, 2012 at 11:36 am

this is mere cost cutting nothing about helping vulnerable disabled ian duncan smith is responsible for murder of peoples deaths as a result of his’reforms’

• Ben Golightly, Swansea Youth Fight for Jobs August 9, 2012 at 11:49 am

Quoting Scope from the article: “We recognise the need for deficit reduction but decisions are being made without any real understanding of the cumulative impact cuts to welfare support and local services are having on people’s lives. We ur
    ge the Government to take action now, before the majority of its reforms come into effect, and to ensure disabled people do not bear the brunt of its austerity measures.” — This is really problematic. Cuts are NOT necessary; make the billionaires pay. By opposing disability cuts, I don’t want that to mean more cuts elsewhere! An injury to one is an injury to all — unite against ALL cuts!

• diana August 9, 2012 at 11:51 am

At nearly 60 years old and disabled, its hard enough managing day to day with my illnesses and disablities without the added stress (and thats putting it lightly) of having my benefits cut away. I dont in anyway live with any luxuries, just pay my bills and extra care and help costs from my disabled benefits. Even then, I cant afford to pay for much help to get out and about, so am stuck indoors most days. Removing my benefits will mean I will be isolated indoors unable to do anything for myself, dependent on any handouts I can get, I dont want to live like this, non of us do. The able world has generally no understanding of what being disabled is like!

• Humanity2012 August 9, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Docility and Staticness when Protest and Action is Needed the all too Sloppy UK
    Mentality of Today

The Welfare of the Vulnerable is of Supreme Importance

• kasbah August 9, 2012 at 12:26 pm

The only cuts that are necessary are cuts to ceo pay, bankers pay, bring in tough measures to claw back tax revenue from offshore accounts, make tax evasion and avoidance impossible to achieve. The greedy-boy Tories have an ideology which can be summed up as: rich is good, rich is best, richer is better. this is why they won’t listen and are prepared to break the law to achieve their psychopathic aims. this is why everyone needs to literally shout in their faces and frog-march them out of office.

Wake up UK.

• jeffery davies August 9, 2012 at 4:39 pm

its them who need to the cuts in their welfare not the poor but untill the the working man says so we see no change as they get richer whilst we get poorer and lose our roofs over our heads and food well those above play fidle jeff3

• Thomas August 10, 2012 at 4:39 am

I have Asperger’s Syndrome and only scammers who want me to money launder for them would want to employ me. Without my benifits I’d depend fully on my family.