HomeBlogAccessible Transport for All! Disabled People treated with utter contempt by The Copthorne Hotel, Plymouth
Comments
  • Joanna Terry June 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Well done Stuart, I to am sick of the utter disregard to the law that certain members of our community have, especially those that think they are above the little people. Bring in the local news and shame them into compliance if you can. I have in the past had altercations on this sort of issue. A place I used to live had disabled parking outside the local bank, it seemed that the public thought that the least entitled to those spaces were the ones the spaces were set up for. In the end the local police patroled the area on an ad hoc basis issueing offenders with tickets, it worked for a while but needs keeping on top of, to remind the public what the spaces are for.

• Lynda Phillips June 14, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Good for you Stuart 🙂 It’s about time that able bodied people were put in their places. They try to put us in ‘ours’ ie. hidden away… We’re human too, even more so than some of them…

• Ricky Head July 30, 2012 at 11:55 am

What a discriminatory and offensive post. If someone had posted something about disabled people as a whole being put in their place plus an unfounded derogatory accusation there would be an uproar. I am disabled and the majority of my family and friends are “able bodied” and don’t need put in their places. Statements like this show that discriminatory ideas are not the sole preserve of “able bodied” people and are very unhelpful.

• Jaki Rundle June 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Well done! I was in a lovely harbour a few months ago called Dale, in Pembrokeshire with my family. It is a tourist area. I am an electric wheelchair user and have a congenital disability. Someone had parked completely on a wide pavement, blocking a dropped down kerb and also blocking wheelchair access to the disabled public toilet!!!! We asked around and someone thought they recognised the car and owner. Anyway, I placed a note under the wipers and my family and I went to have lunch in an outside cafe (where we could watch the outcome!) Someone must have told the idiot, because out he came of the pub ten minutes later, scrunched up the note, went back inside the pub, and the car remained on the pavement for the remainder of the time we were there. There are a lot of arrogant, uncaring and unfeeling people in the world who think the law does not apply to them and do not understand the consequences of their actions.

• jeffrey davies June 14, 2012 at 4:20 pm

wait till its thier turn as sods law happens when they least exspect it jeff3

• DAVID A SHAW June 14, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Well done you, this level of ignorant behavior has been fostered by our fine government, and this is the kind of thing people now think they can get away with, but no, make your stand as you are in the right, and shall be proved to be so.

• A registered paralegal June 15, 2012 at 12:42 am

Hi Stuart,

if you want a hand to sue both James and the Copthorne Hotel for defamation, let me know.

My email: ryan.j.thompson@hotmail.co.uk