HomeBlogUK GPs Conference to vote on ending the Work Capability Assessment “with immediate effect”
Comments
  • Allister Cooke May 22, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Taking ATOS money to sponsor the Paralympics is a disgrace. Their money is stained with the tears of thousands of disabled people whose lives have been destroyed by this evil multinational company. Obviously their money is more important to the organisers than the wellbeing of disabled people. Hang your heads in shame.

• Ron Graves May 22, 2012 at 3:02 pm

All very laudable, but I fail to see how the DWP or Atos will be affected. They’ll simply ignore it, as they do with all other criticism.

• Annie Bishop May 22, 2012 at 3:10 pm

We have to keep faith

• jeffrey davies May 22, 2012 at 3:16 pm

agree with ron atos is never going to listen .the only thing this firms understand is the boot out of country with big fine just like the americans done to its sister company as it was made from unum material jeff3

• Ronnie Gordon May 22, 2012 at 5:42 pm

If it wasn’t for future hope and the help of knowing that i’m not alone (thanks to this website and others like it!) i think i would have given up! Thanks to you all for the good work!!! I scored zero at a WCA yet at a DLA hearing i was cosidered virtually unable to walk a month previous to WCA, they have greatly reduced my benefit money to the effect that i can either eat or pay my bills but not both… I’ve never felt so low in my life thanks to ATOS, I hate them and all that they stand for….

• DAVID A SHAW May 22, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Once the GPs have voted to scrap the WCA, if the government refuse to do so, then they should ballot for industrial action with immediate effect.

• ian May 22, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Black Triangle Anti-Defamation Campaign in Defence of Disability Rights on Facebook
    Ron Graves & Jeff Davies: We’ll push for the GMC to revoke Atos testing centres’ “Approved Medical Environment” and a ruling forbidding doctors to participate in the assessments.

And when the Doctors stop doing it we are left with the nurses and physio doing the assessments.

• JJ May 22, 2012 at 9:40 pm

No – you’re quite wrong about that: WE’RE going to make sure that they boycott the assessments as well! The struggle continues!

• Bev A May 23, 2012 at 1:11 pm

They’ve already got nurses doing it. My assessment/interview was with a SRN. There wasn’t a qualified doctor in sight!

• JJ May 23, 2012 at 1:26 pm

We’re lobbying HARD to get the nurses to follow suit. It should be much easier now that the doctors have spoken.

• Carl Douglas May 22, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Atos and its computer generated heartless life ruining assessment needs to go.

• Paul Reed May 22, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I’ve had three WCA forms in 3 years. The first two I failed after the ATOS ‘medical’, the current one I got a few days ago. I’ve had other medicals in the past and failed those too. The past two I’ve gone through the long wait for a tribunal appeal and won both, the first with *31* points. All of the medicals I’ve been forced to go through have been done by nurses and as usual not a single bit of information was taken into account. The last one even ignored what I said and had the audacity to say I’d never sought any help despite me having appointments and waiting for news after my CPN went on long term sick leave for six months.

It angers me so much that this company dare to use the word “healthcare” in their name. They exist purely to grab money and benefit from the misery of those they declare fit to work. I’ll be very interested to see the outcome of this but I don’t think it can do anything about me having to deal with ATOS again after I send in my latest WCA form.