HomeAtosMinister and mayor face angry hecklers over cuts and Atos
Comments
  • Sue Jones on Facebook November 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Atos?? You’ve GOT to be kidding?? How moronic is that???

• Jasmine Pike on Facebook November 2, 2011 at 1:51 pm

What the fuck. Have the athletes been made aware of this? I’d like to think that if many of them knew what has been going on with ATOS that they would be horrified and potentially have some leverage?
    Also, what a joke – many tickets are under £100? Do they not understand that that’s over a week’s money for food, transport, heating, electricity, water, telephone etc. etc. for thousands of disabled people?

• Elysabeth Mccaig-scott on Facebook November 2, 2011 at 2:55 pm

@Jasmine, that’s just what i thought, what a “Let them eat cake” clueless and insensitive thing to say. He has no concept of grinding and endless poverty. And Miller, i want to bitch slap her so hard.

• Paul Smith November 3, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I contributed to Ade Adepitan’s blog, the ex – wheelchair basketball players website, he didn’t reply to my posts but I did get an earful from someone else on there.

They thought targetting the Paralympics was the wrong thing to do, I doubt If many of the Paralympians know what’s going on, mind you Ade had his wheelchair stolen from a sponsored car, unlike us I’m sure he’ll get his wheelchair replaced ASAP, we wouldn’t be so lucky???

• Bill Cox November 7, 2011 at 2:15 am

We should boycott and picket ALL the Olympics. I am paying through the nose from tax for this shindig that is simply a high priced entertainment for the rich. The Olympics is a vile festival of elitism that sucks money into it’s filthy maw and is sponsored by companies with a huge PR budget to hide their corporate greed and manipulation. When are the powers that be going to realise the game is up and we won’t be taking their lies and excuses any more? As a disabled person I do not acquiesce to ATOS having their blood stained hands on this grotesque circus.

• Jonathan Eyre November 7, 2011 at 6:56 am

“probably the most depressed I have ever been in my life as a disabled person”, and added: “We need to fight and keep making a difference and make the government listen.

She is not alone on this either!