HomeBlack Triangle NewsDying man ‘has only 12p a day to eat’
Comments
  • Nevbo Wilson on Facebook October 17, 2011 at 1:01 am

he should be able to get dla straight away

• Sadly he’s passed away Nevbo, his wife I think has just posted and she is now struggling to keep her house, WTF is our country coming to Grrrrrrrrr

• Nevbo Wilson on Facebook October 17, 2011 at 1:09 am

it makese so mad.

• Bridget Denise Price on Facebook October 17, 2011 at 9:25 am

potatoes

• Bridget Denise Price on Facebook October 17, 2011 at 9:33 am

he is probably too ill to carry a sack home! If anyone can get hold of his sort code I’ll send him a tenner, bet lots of others would too. Perhaps some of our efforts could be pooled to give emergency funding Of course that is why we pay national insurance!

• Bridget, Peter died on the 13th and they are even refusing to give his wife a funeral grant and it’s looking like she’s going to be evicted from their house. We are looking into launching an appeal for her.

• peterzzz October 17, 2011 at 11:42 am

Hang your head in shame DWP and UK government!!
      RIP+ Peter

• Gill Mcs Mcs on Facebook October 17, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Bastard Goverment 🙁

• Elysabeth Mccaig-scott on Facebook October 17, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Please can you do a just giving site?

• susan whelan October 19, 2011 at 9:29 pm

omg how awful how can they get away with this i feel disgusted to e a part of great britain now its a joke i am on benefits myself but i will see if i can spare a bit hell this man paid tax so he was entitled to help they took his money no question why cant he have help

• N. Smith October 22, 2011 at 12:18 am

This may have been already explored, but as I am not reading anything about it, I think I ought to bring it up as a Dutch national myself, I would suggest or ask if the Dutch Embassy in London was contacted?
    What about Peter’s family in the Netherlands (if he has any that is…)?
    Rust zacht, Peter. Sterkte en oprechte deelname aan Laurel.

• bridgetdprice October 22, 2011 at 9:47 pm

ok I admit to being a totally tight cynic. Can one of you assure me that a donation at this link will actually go to his wife

• Holmey October 22, 2011 at 10:17 pm

100% Bridget, the people who run the Don’t let Disability Mean Inequality fund are known to both BT and DPAC, every penny that gets donated through that link with “For Laurel” marked will get to Laurel and as it is stated, they operate a total transparency policy.

• bridgetdprice October 24, 2011 at 8:00 am

obviously (because my whole life is jinxed) the link from the donate page will not work for me. I have never used pay pal but I do not see why t hat would be relevent for not even getting the link to show. I The link button had little icons for visa etc. Have I just dithered too long? Bet no one else had trouble. I may have an over zealous fire wall set up by my son? I was only going to give a measly tenner.

Trackbacks